The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is seeking applications for funding under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017. Work under this cooperative agreement involves the management and/or facilitation of technical assistance specific to the Transition From Jails to Community reentry model.
Goals, Objectives, and Deliverables
Tasks under this cooperative agreement will include; review of the TJC toolkit and historical documents, utilization of the TJC readiness protocol and evaluation instrument to evaluate organizational progress, delivery of targeted technical assistance to a minimum of eight (8) jurisdictions, development/facilitation of a training/coaching protocol for technical assistant providers, and development and facilitation of a ninety (90) minute workshop regarding the implementation and sustainability of the TJC process for a national audience. In addition, the contractor will work with designated NIC staff to ensure compliance with federal guidelines specific to the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA).
In addition to the strategy and content of the program design, the successful applicant must complete the following deliverables during the project period. The program narrative should reflect how the applicant will accomplish these activities.
- Review of all documents directly related to NIC’s TJC toolkit
- Participate in planning meetings with NIC Project Manager to support site selections
- Prepare an Information Collection Request (ICR), which describes the information to be collected, gives the reason the information is needed, and estimates the time and cost for the public to answer the request
- Collaborate with NIC Project Manager to select technical assistance providers
- Develop a written report regarding TJC process for dissemination to the criminal justice field
- Submission of eight quarterly reports reflecting the progress of the project
- Develop/facilitate monthly coaching sessions for technical assistance providers
- Develop 90 minute TJC workshop for a facilitation during national conferences
- Conduct visits of at least (10) sites to evaluate jurisdictional readiness and progress specific to the TJC
DEADLINE: Applications must be received before midnight (ET) on August 31, 2017.
Please note effective July 1, 2013 the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) was merged to the System for Award Management (SAM). The SAM registry and Frequently Asked Questions can be reached at http://www.sam.gov. Please note that the registration process can take up to 1-3 weeks, so please plan accordingly.